Vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free
bird seed cookies
Time: about 30 minutes Yield: 24 cookies
Write a review
- 1 tbsp flaxseed, ground
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup millet
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup raisons, or mini chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 flax egg
- Start by making "flax egg" by mixing ground flax with 2 tbsp water. Set aside.
- Mix all dry ingredients together. Set aside.
- Melt coconut oil. Add coconut palm sugar and remaining wet ingredients, including flax egg.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Use an ice cream scoop to spoon out 24 even portions on baking sheets.
- Press each cookie firmly together and shape evenly. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool on pan.
- Try to use organic ingredients whenever possible.
Genuine Wellness http://www.genuinewellness.ca/