Vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free
Avocado, chia seeds, and soaked cashews are used to help create a light, mousse consistency.
Avocado contains monounsaturated fat, which has been shown to lower the risk of heart disease. Chia seeds contain heart healthy omega 3 and are an excellent source of fibre to help lower total cholesterol levels.
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked overnight
- 1.5 cups raspberries* (see notes)
- 1 avocado, pitted & peeled
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- hemp seeds & fresh raspberries for garnish
- Soak cashews overnight (or at least 4-5 hours).
- Combine all ingredients except hemp seeds & garnish in a food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Divide between 4 glasses, cover, & chill for 2 hours.
- Garnish with hemp seeds and fresh raspberries.
- Try to use organic ingredients whenever possible.
- * Berries may be fresh or defrosted frozen.