Vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free
Processed sugar is replaced by maple syrup to help retain some minerals, while butter is replaced by coconut oil in this updated version of shortbread.
vegan, gluten-free shortbread
Time: 30 minutes Yield: about 24 rectangles
Write a review
- 2 cups gluten-free flour blend
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Melt coconut oil. Mix in maple syrup and vanilla.
- Combine wet ingredients with flour and mix well.
- Use your hands to work the dough into a shape of a ball. Dough should press together when pinched, but not be sticky. (You may need to add 1 or 2 tbsp of water to moisten the mixture, depending on the flour blend used.)
- Roll the dough about 1/2 inch thickness between 2 sheets of parchment paper
- Use a pizza cutter to cut into rectangles about 1 inch wide, 2 inches long.
- Transfer rectangles to parchment lined baking sheet, spacing 1/2 inch apart.
- Scoop up dough scraps and repeat rolling/cutting until dough is used up.
- Use a fork to add design to the top of the rectangles.
- Bake for 14-15 minutes at 350 degrees Farhenheit, until bottom becomes slightly golden.
- Allow the cookies to cool.
- Try to use organic ingredients whenever possible.
Genuine Wellness http://www.genuinewellness.ca/